Sunday, April 17, 2011

Snowdon and Scafell Pike in consecutive days: Training for Stok Kangri

'Now give me this mountain region which the LORD spoke of that day.'  Joshua 14:12

Well I've definitely had my 'mountain' hat on this week!  I had a fab couple of days, climbing Snowdon followed by Scafell Pike.

On Friday I climbed Snowdon with some stunning views of the Welsh landscape.  The next day, I woke up, contemplating whether to head to the lakes for Scafell Pike or not.
Something inside of me said 'Go for it!'  I had a great day, exploring the Scafell plateau.  Visibility started off good but by tea-time was even better.  I experienced the most amazing views of the North of England from Scafell Pike.  From one spot, I could see the whole of Morecambe Bay, Southern Scotland, the Yorkshire Dales and Workington Town.


The view really does take your breath away.

I have to say though; you do meet some crazy people when you do thing like this.  On Friday, there was the guy who was training for the 3 peaks challenge, by climbing Snowdon twice in the same day!  On Saturday, there was the group not content to just walk up Scafell Pike, but run up the beast!  Are they crazy or are they committed?  That is the question.

It gave me a huge boost in confidence to have two big climbs on back to back days.  I was out on my feet for 6 hours on Friday and then 7 hours on Saturday.  I'm now really excited about Stok Kangri and the challenge ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment