Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blimey it's hard keeping going sometimes...

As  someone put on twitter....running is a love/hate thing.  Sometimes you love it, sometimes it's a chore.

Keeping going after 8 months on the go is tough.  I'm looking forward to ticking 1000 miles off.  Don't get me wrong, this year has been fantastic.  The experiences of running in each race and of course the big climb - I wouldn't swap them for the world...but it's the keeping going that's the toughie.

Maybe that's what it's all about....keeping going.  The challenge I've set myself is to run 1000 miles in a year.  To do that, the individual running challenges....the ultra, the 3 in 3, they were all means to an end, to keep me motivated, to set smaller goals so that I could achieve the larger goal - the 1000.

Maybe that's what I need, to break down this final 350 miles.....


No comments:

Post a Comment