Friday, March 4, 2011

Running, Running, Running

I’m amazed to say that the fundraising has risen to almost £450, inc. gift aid, already!

A massive thank you to everyone who has sponsored me.  It really does make it all worthwhile.  I was bowled over by the support I got before, during and after the London 50k.  It was incredible.

This Sunday, I’m running the Lancaster Trimpell 20-miler.  Sure, I’m looking forward to the challenge, to pushing myself once again.  But also, I love the fact that as I run each mile, I’m running to promote autism awareness, and to raise money for the National Autistic Society. 
I’m truly grateful to everyone who has sponsored me so far.  It makes the sore legs worthwhile!

The other night I went to bed reading about the charity and the incredible work that it does.  The big question, what difference would a donation make?  It would make a HUGE difference.  A £10 donation would pay for three families to get access to vital information from the autism helpline.  A £20 donation would pay for a volunteer befriender to be trained, who would then provide friendship and support to a person with autism, or a family who lives with autism. 

The charity does amazing work.  These are the facts:  38, 000 people used the NAS autism helpline in 2010.  One in every 100 children have autism. 

Looking forward to getting some miles under my belt in Lancaster this Sunday……What did the Spencer Davis Group sing?  Oh yeah, ‘Keep on running……’
www.justgiving.com/runclimbmather

No comments:

Post a Comment