Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Running a load of miles.....(31 to be exact)

'Pain is temporary, pride is forever.'

Currently at 178 miles ran in the year, as of today's date.  I'm ahead of schedule, but that's only because I feel better when I've got something in the bag!  Plus I'll hopefully be taking a break from running in the Summer to climb one huge mountain (more on that later).  Last week's running was a grand total of 18 miles, way below my weekly goal of 25 miles.  I'm tapering right now for the London Ultra, this Sunday the 20th of February.

At the moment, I'm really looking forward to it, getting to wear the NAS shirt with pride, running for a cause I'm passionate about.......................................but it's still a long way!

What's going through my mind now about the race this Sunday?  So many things.....nerves, anxiety, excitement, fear, passion, pride.  I know physically I can do it.  Let's see how I do!

www.justgiving.com/runclimbmather

No comments:

Post a Comment